Great Tips on How to Decorate Your Bedroom
Everyone wants to be in a lively and comfortable living area that gives a welcoming and warm feeling, which is made possible by decoration. Therefore, you should consider one of the most important areas of your home when decorating which is your bedroom. Consider not only the hours you spend sleeping there, but also the time you may spend there relaxing, reading, or watching television before retiring to bed. It's essential therefore to choose carefully when deciding on decoration techniques for your bedroom. Here are some ideas to help you out:
The first step is picking furniture. Everything else in the room, like the comforter, curtains, wall decorations, and more, will be chosen based on the furniture, so that's where you should start:
- Evaluate your apartment to see how much space you have. The size will largely determine which pieces of furniture to buy. If you have a large room, you might have space for a futon, small chair, or something similar. If you have a small space, you'll want to minimize the amount of furniture, so it doesn't look too cluttered.
- Next, decide what you'll use your bedroom for other than sleeping. If you want to use it for reading, plan to purchase a bedside table, lamp, and perhaps a bookshelf. If you want to use it for watching TV, plan to buy a TV stand.
After you've decided upon the furniture, choose the color scheme:
- Medium to dark brown colors have been known to be ideal for the bedroom because they're very relaxing and soothing. Greens are a great complementary color as well, as they also promote a sense of nurture and satisfaction.
Aside from these two colors, consider the following general rules:
- If you want a feeling of spaciousness, use paler shades because they reflect light rays instead of absorbing them.
- As for a warm, cozy feeling, use bright, solid colors as they "humanize" space and make it more welcoming. A great use of these colors is for the main focal points, like the comforter and curtains.
Also, consider the position of the bed in the room:
- The bed should not block the doorway and should be the focal point of the room. If you want to make the most of the space in your bedroom, put the bed against the longest wall in the room. It is an old decorating secret that still works.
- Another option if you have a larger space, is to put your bed on an angle.
In redesigning a room, one must entirely change its flooring as it plays a significant role in the appearance of the room.
- You can change your bedroom floor to marble, granite, and wood. Wooden floors beautify the room and this looks perfectly well in big rooms though it depends on your preferences.
Walls also affect the appearance of the room depending on the color chosen:
- Have your walls re-painted with lively and warm colors that best suit you.
- You should first test the paint on a small part of the wall first to see if it's the right color for the room.
- You could also decide to get some wallpapers to enhance the final appearance from a variety of wallpapers that have different color schemes.
Lighting is another great thing to consider so as to make the room suitable for your use:
- A dim light is pleasant, best for relaxing.
- There are also various ways which you can use to light up your bedroom starting from the position in which your lights are installed to the type of lighting design you choose to use. That can depend on the money you have set aside for the decoration.
- For night readers, use a good lamp with ample lighting by the bedside.
Bedding and Rugs:
Finally, your bedding matters a lot as it is the actual environment you have when taking your nap or sleeping and has a direct effect on how comfortable your sleep will be.
- Down comforters are best when it comes to giving you a cozy and peaceful sleep. They have many benefits that include the light weight they possess compared to other insulation materials like blankets, and also they do regulate temperature very efficiently depending on the conditions, such that you won't suffer from extreme warmth as the room becomes warmer and you will still feel warm even when the room is cold.
- You can choose your down comforters based on the filling power, which is the amount of down filled per ounce. More fill power will provide better insulation and fluff, with the recommended filling power being 600 or more.
- You can make your bedroom more inviting and cozy with an area rug. You can place it in the center of the room, beside the bed or at the foot of the bed, depending on the amount of space you have.
In conclusion, the impression of your bedroom is what that suggests the preferences you possess and therefore the kind of decoration you choose matters a lot. You should make sure that you go for what you like and not what is common so that you can achieve a magnificent final look. However, you should realize that your decoration fantasies are within your reach as the gorgeousness and relaxing effect you would like to achieve can be made possible by following the above tips.
Also you can see this video for better decision.